Sunday, August 19, 2007

We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun......







Well, summer is almost over and the kids will be going back to school before we know it! They start the Tuesday after Labor Day. I'm pretty mixed about it. I really do love hanging out with them in the summer just having lots of fun and making some memories. Going to the beach, sleeping in, watching movies in our nice chilled livingroom, getting ice cream (if I keep it in the house I'll eat it all!) having BBq's, hanging out with our friends, going to concerts.....
I must admit that it will be nice to get back to a more regular schedule which = less grumpy kids. I enjoy getting up early in the morning even though sleeping in is nice in theory, I like having more hours in my day and being more productive. This summer, I've been way laid back just soaking it all in with the kiddos. Unfortunately I think they're getting on each others nerves and need to get back with their friends at school.
We've gone to the beach about twice a week and it just never gets old. I'd say 95% of the time we've seen groups of dolphins too - which I absolutely love! I think they're so playful and fun to watch. My oldest and I have got loading and unloading the car down to a science. We tried out a different beach last week that we had heard of. Would've been great for when my kids were toddlers (barely any waves) and though they were pretty bummed when we first got there, they really made the most of it and had a good time.
This week will mean finishing up back to school shopping, taking the kids to the dentist, to the hairdressers, registering Caley for Jr. High and Emma for kindergarden and then getting packed up for our vacation. We leave on Saturday for a week. YAY! Looking so forward to a week of relaxing, swimming, reading, photographing, listening to music and having a good time!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW you sound so busy but so happy. It is always a treat for me to read your blogs and see pictures of you and the kids. I am so glad you are having a good summer. Wish I could see the dolphins with you again. I love you all so much babe.
Love mom

Cherbear said...

We sure are mom, thanx! Miss and love you TONS too!