Monday, June 2, 2008

Green Disaster!

My poor bud. I feel terrible for him! Well let me back up here and tell you from the beginning........ Christian has been saving money for a few months now for this thing called a Green Machine. It was $100.00 and he worked very hard to earn money to buy it for himself. He did work in the yard, helped around the house, and even made a lemonade stand (more like lemon juice) and he STILL made $4.00 for that. Anyways, he had been bugging and pleading with me for a few days to PLEASE take him to Toys R Us so he could finally get what he's been wanting for so long. Well, we thought we'd surprise him and plus it was just plain convenient for Larry to get it one day while he was out near there anyways. So Chrish came home from school and saw that his dad had gotten him the Green Machine. Unfortunately there wasn't time for us to put it together for him but still, he at least was able to get it. Well, after homework was finished, Chrish and Hannah together put it together all by themselves and actually did a great job! They were having a blast riding that thing. It was a crack up just watching them. Even Lar got on it one evening and I of coarse just HAD to get evidence of this.

Christian got the Green Machine on Thursday. Well, Sunday rolled around and the kids were playing back and forth between my house and our neighbours down the street as usual. I'm not exactly sure just how this happened but one of the kids left the Green Machine out on the sidewalk as they tend to do. Unfortunately it was left behind our next door neighbours truck. Need I say more?

So, on the one hand I feel just awful for poor Chrish! I mostly feel grateful that no one was ON the Green Machine - thank you Jesus!. I also feel like whether it was Chrish (which he INSISTS it wasn't him who left it there) or not it's an expensive lesson in taking better care of your belongings as he does need to improve on. We've tried taking the wheel that is all mangled down to a bike shop to see if they had anything in that particular size but they didn't. Next we'll try looking on ebay for a possible replacement part. Who knows? So, another life lesson for the poor guy.

1 comment:

Dayray said...

Oh my goodness!! That's horrible! At least no one was hurt.