Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to School 2010

Well today was the first day that all the kids are back in school. Three of them headed back to school on Tuesday but my Hannahbear was @ home sick with the flu poor thing. She missed the first two days, but would definitely have preferred to be at school. Thankfully she's almost back to 100%... still a bit of an upset tummy but that always takes time to heal after such an upset.

Caley started highschool and 'shocker' uh hem NOT... she LOVED it! Most of her friends are at other schools but she's my social 'b' (butterfly) and adjusts quite well to change. So proud of her. She surely is blossoming into quite a beautiful young taller than her mama woman. Caleys also in soccer and pretty much the team was a group of friends who were handpicked. So that'll make for a fun season.

Hannah has only one day of 8th grade under her belt but seems good so far. Just a few notes to copy nothing much yet on the homework front. She had a growth spurt over the summer herself and has joined the club of towering over her mama. Beautiful, precious girl. Hannah's latest 'kick' is an ' I want a piggy!' kick where she draws out plans, writes me sweet notes, and makes all these promises and arguments as to why she MUST have a teacup piggy.

Chrish & Emma share a class together so I figured they can share a paragraph too. It's a 3-4-5 combo class. I love the teachers! Emma came home the first day saying ' mommy my teachers are hilarious!' so that's a great sign. Teachers should make learning fun. Chrish was in this class last year and had a tough time. I'm hoping that this year he will really surprise us all and show great effort in his studies this year. If not, may have to move him to a new class, we'll see. Chrish is doing soccer again. I think he's really burning out on it though unfortunately. Especially for such a talented kid. Can't say as I blame him though. In 2 weekends he's already had 7 games. Seems like a lot to me. Emma had her first gymnastics class last night. Something she's been asking for for a long time now. She was BEAMING! Quite giddy actually and besides the good excercise it tuckered her out ;) I'm glad that she's found something that she enjoys.

So I think that's the latest here. I'm praying we all stay healthy and enjoy this new season. The weather is a bit confusing but there's beauty in all of it.

No comments: