Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cherishing the moments


It's SO precious to me how sweet the kids can be with each other and rather incredible considering some of the sibling squabbles they can have sometimes. These are the moments that I cherish and hold close to my heart. Unless you're a parent you can't fully grasp just how priceless these almost heavenly moments are. I don't know if it's all the sweeter BECAUSE of how ridiculous they can get when they aren't getting along or what. Sometimes you don't really appreciate the good things in life unless you've had heartache or struggles.
Right now my two little ones are busy building a fort together that they intend on sleeping in. We'll see how long that lasts. They really can surprise me though you know. I so enjoy watching them do things together. Like singing, having "band practice", riding bikes, skateboarding together, cuddling, colouring, dressing up, you name it. What's fun too is that all four of them interact and mix it up together. Sometimes the older one becomes very nurturing of the youngest, or my middle takes pride in protecting and defending his sisters (especially from the infuriating neighbours unfortunately in close proximity to us). My little artist enjoys drawing, and will from time to time teach her siblings whom she sparks interest in.
They definitely know how to fight as most siblings do, but it warms my heart and tickles my toes how they really do love each other and have their own unique relationship with each other. I do pray that they will continue to have a special bond with each other throughout their lives. That they'll continue to encourage and cheer each other on. I am SO amazingly blessed beyond belief with and by them. I am honoured to be called their mommy.

1 comment:

Dayray said...

I had fun with you too! You are my pedicure buddy!