Saturday, March 15, 2008

Again, it's been a bit since I last wrote. Gosh this month is flying by as fast as the first two of this year did! Everyone's is healthy and doing good though thankfully. The last few weeks have been filled with a new book study I'm going to with some girlfriends. We're studying the book called "The Shack". I don't want to say too much about it because I think everyone should read it and I definitely don't want to give anything away. I hope that it is as impacting on you as it was me.
This month Chrish has played his first few games of baseball. He's amazing! He's the main pitcher and for a lil' guy who is still 7 playing against 9 and 10 year olds he's quite remarkable. I find it hard sitting on the bleachers controlling my 'proud mom' smile that I just can't wipe off my face. I don't think I could be more proud of him. He's so incredible at all he does sport related, now if he'd just apply himself more at school. I'm really honoured to be his mom.
My last few weeks have been so choppy between taking the four kiddos to school almost all at different times, to all the various meetings and tryouts and what nots. The kids had try-outs for the annual talent show. You would've thought it was a try-out for American Idol. The judges were just fine, but there was just a lot of chaos and pushy moms. Let me just say that I got there 20 minutes early, was third in line and ended up getting cut in on a bunch of times.....by the time I got out of there with the kids it was an hour later. I'm glad that process is done with and am really looking forward to the show in April.
There's meetings for 'The Fairytale Ball' yes that's right, they're having a ball for the kindergarteners. It's been quite interesting meeting with a bunch of moms all with different opinions as to how to have things done and some way more outspoken then others. Makes me more giggly than frustrated so that's good.
Also there's meetings for the 5th grade graduation. For sanity sake I missed the first one (life must still go on) and they really did fine without me I later heard. I'm looking forward though to being a part of the planning process though and making it a special time for my girl.
Let's see, book study, fairytale ball, baseball, talent show,.......... oh yeah the end of the year carnival, pancake breakfast, read-a-thon and jog-a-thon. I won't go into detail on those because they are pretty self explanitory. This year with all my kiddos now in school I've been able to help out in school more and am really enjoying myself. That's something I love about our school. You can go there at any time and find parents who are there and giving of their time. I love helping out the teachers and being able to peek in or work with my kids too. They seem to get an extra glow when mama's around.
Of coarse school wouldn't be the same without all the gazillion parties. Hey I actually think it's a good thing teaching them to celebrate life. Forecast for this week, Monday morning first thing I'm helping out in lil' mans class to make green eggs and ham (and green milk apparently) : } We'll see how that turns out. Then Tuesday the kindergarten class won a rootbeer float party from the read-a-thon. Wednesday and Thursday are my normal days to work at the school, and then Friday is Spring party day. Wahoooo. I think I better get to work and get a bunch done around here cause it looks like I'll be gone a lot this week. Fun, fun FUN!

No comments: