Monday, December 31, 2007

Good Things CAN Come Out Of Bad

This morning I was woke up (surprise surprise) by my Emma who unfortunately wasn't feeling well. "No! This couldn't be. She couldn't have got it from...." I began thinking. Before I could even finish that thought she got sick (if you know what I mean). My poor girl. I thought we were in the clear. I mean Larry was sick all day 'boxing day' the day after Christmas. Then Chrish got sick the day after that. For the next few days I had been having on and off prayers to God asking Him to please not let anyone else get sick. Just when I thought we were in the clear Emma woke up with the flu too!

It just makes me sad when my loved ones get sick. As much as I hate being nauseous I'd much prefer myself to be sick then anyone else. It's almost harder to watch my poor lil' one being sick and in pain and saying 'Mama, I don't feel like being sick!' or the latest when I went in to check on her and asked how she was feeling she said ' I'm warmish hotish'.

The only good thing to come of this is that we've spent a LOT of time cuddling today than most which I truly do treasure. Though I wish it were for better circumstances I do cherish any time I get to hold my baby while she's still available, still wants to, and while we both have the time to spare. I know it won't always be this way. Emma and I actually cuddle quite a bit, but today was a bit different being that our cuddling was helping her to feel better she told me. Me too Emma, atleast I was doing a little something to help out. Her Daddy came home with some popsicles for her which put the very first smile I've seen on her face all day. Yay, Daddy to the rescue!

Though I didn't expect to spend the last day of the 2007 like this, it definitely had it's precious moments. I can get my 'list' of things done any other day but it's not every day that my sweet Emma needs her mommy like she did today. Hope you all have a blessed and very happy New Year. Here we come 2008!

No comments: